Road to Akitio Beach

Motorhomes "on the road". Routes, destinations, POP's, Activities, Employment etc
Forum rules
When posting images, please post only thumbnails that link to your image. This can be achieved using the "Message Board" option in PostImage.
Moderators may remove any images that do not conform with this request without notice.
This is in consideration of those members who have small data caps :-)

Road to Akitio Beach

Postby morayfm » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm

We are travelling Wairarapa/Hawkes Bay next month and visiting Akitio Beach - we've never been to that part of the country before. Can anyone tell me if the road between Waione and Akitio Beach is sealed? I know that the road between Pongaroa and Akitio is only sealed part of the way.

Also is the road sealed all of the way from Waione to Porangahau?

Thanks in advance.
morayfm

Re: Road to Akitio Beach

Postby RayVon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi there. I can tell you the road between Waione and Porangahau is all sealed. We did this road last March and it was hassle-free. We were towing a 25' Jayco behind a Landcruiser. Sounds like a return visit for us to Akitio Beach is on the cards. Travelling down that way in May and spending a bit more time in the northern Wairarapa area. Porangahau is a beaut spot and well worth a visit - the beach is loooong and almost uninhabited - my kind of Paradise.
RayVon
Ray and Vonni Peterson
NZMCA No 34263
Jayco Sterling 25' and Toyota Landcruiser
RayVon

Re: Road to Akitio Beach

Postby morayfm » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks for that Ray/Vonni.

This is our first BIG trip in our motorhome and we are travellling with friends who are hiring, also for the first time. We are trying to make the driving as "pleasant" as possible so if we can stick to sealed roads at all, we will at this stage of our mo'vanning career.

We're overnighting at Chapelwick Estate in Porangahau and hope to do a bit of long line fishing from the beach/rocks.
morayfm

Return to Touring

• VISITORS