Prime TV changes

Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc

Prime TV changes

Postby Roamnz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Has anyone else had trouble accessing PRIME in the past few days?

Last week PRIME TV changed their transmission satellite. Late last week we couldnt get PRIME even after going through the suggested blind scan then the auto scan process. We have a 6 year old Strong SRT 4654x decoder.

So, onto the Freeview shop forum and there was the answer. PRIME was originally accessed as channel 5 on our remote, they suggested we try channel 97, and that works. We thought this information may help someone else.
Smillie H
7.3m Traillite
ROAMNZ
Roamnz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Prime TV changes

Postby chip'n » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 pm

i have been working in Whakatane lately, taking the bus down on Monday & staying till Friday at Jim & Mavis's pop stop. The other guys I am working with rent a house at Ohope & they mentioned prime was no longer on ch 10 so will mention the ch 97 change, thanks for that.
chip'n
Supporter
Supporter

Postby petercw » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:10 pm

at home on the main box i got it on channel 193 via satellite.
Retired & just Cruzing in "Growly Bear"
85 C.I.Munroe- Delta. "Limited 90 kms -Drive safe - Pass with care"
Peter & Jeni
petercw
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Shilo » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:42 pm

If you have a non-Freeview approved DVB-S box then you may have to do another scan to program the new channel in. This will apply to those using T.V. cards in computers as well.

Was surprised that Prime didn't advertise the change and it came as a surprise when my couldn't pick it up all of a sudden.
Shilo

Postby razor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:28 pm

thanks for the heads up on the channel 97
updated three decoders for the techno challenged today at weedons
Leave only wheel tracks and diesel fumes (borrowed quote)
Motorhomes safer than houses
Full time roader
razor

Postby Roamnz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:06 pm

:D :) And I hope you had a supply of fresh home made muffins to take back to your motorhome as a thank you Razor.
Smillie H
7.3m Traillite
ROAMNZ
Roamnz
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Zukiwi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Well I'm part of Razor's technologically challenged. I have an RSE satellite TV with built-in Freeview and blowed if I can work out how to find the new Prime channel. Went to the freeviewforum page but it all seems to be about decoder boxes and "approved" TVs. Our TV appears to only have 67 channels, so Ch 97 and ch 193 aren't accessible. Also tried an update scan but couldn't find it, assuming I got it right. Can anyone help a technophobe please?

Cheers
John
Zukiwi
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kathyn » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:39 pm

John, this may help - this is what I had to do to tune in the decoder at our work. It was a non-approved decoder so it did not automatically update. If you google Lyngstat+Optus D1 you will get all the settings for NZ satellite. The decoder I tuned had totally lost all its settings, it did not even have Optus D1 on its list of satellite so I had to do a "manual setting" to other satellite. I then had to set the search parameters for each frequency (and tell the decoder to only search for unlocked/unscrambled channels). Polarity is set to horizontal. Once each frequency was input I had to do a search on each frequency. Also set SID to 22500

Frequency 12456 search gets channels 1, 2, 3, 3+1, 4 cue, shine and choice
Frequency 12483 search gets channels Maori, 1+1, 2+1
Frequency 12671 search gets channel Trackside
Frequency 12707 search gets channel Prime

It may be that somewhere on your system on your current system you can see your existing channels, hopefully they match the information I have above. Then you just need to work out how to manually search for the 12707 frequency. Good luck.
kathyn

Next

Return to Technology

• VISITORS