Imported Diesel Heaters fault Codes - nzmotorhome.co.nz
 #141721  by purdiegood
 Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:57 pm
Hi Everyone, Cousin has a heater that won't fire up and all it does is flash 4 times in the controller, which I take to be a code for what ever the fault is? Has anyone information on what these codes might be? Are all imported Chinese diesel heaters created equally or as I suspect there are fault codes that vary in there meaning from different manufacturers?
Brian
 #141728  by zl1dt
 Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 am
On mine, the various fault indicators are:
1=under-voltage
2=over-voltage
3=ignition plug failure
4=fuel pump failure
5=over heating
6=motor fault
7=comms line fault (to control panel)
8=flame has gone out
Hope this helps
John
 #141732  by petercw
 Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am
Possibly has air in the pipe line to the pump..
Disconnect at the pump the line from the tank and get the fuel running thru..
(You can carefully, very carefully, turn the key on but not start the vehicle so the fuel runs thru.. This won't happen on some set ups but will pump fuel thru the line fast on others..) best to use 2 people for this keep air going back up the pipe again. It's very easy to get an air bubble at this join.
Then reconnect to the pump and try again.
 #141769  by purdiegood
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:25 pm
Hi - Thanks for the replies and suggestions, it gives us something to go on with as they are staying at the moment. Petercw - was it you who said there was a company that did installations and servicing on these imports and was based in Auckland? Roger ZL1DT, we are ZL2ADL
Thanks and regards
Brian
 #141779  by petercw
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:42 pm
Sorry Brian but not me, I did my own install.. It's actually quite easy if you take your time. Placement is the hardest thing to decide.
 #141786  by NeilV
 Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:35 am
I just installed mine last week, and it really was very straightforward. Priming the pump was probably the biggest issue I had, and all it really needed was more time (about 7-10mins) before giving up and restarting (which I did about 4 times) and presto!
 #141814  by purdiegood
 Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:36 pm
Hi Neilv - Yes I installed mine about 2 years ago and it woks fine. My cousin then brought one and installed about a year ago and all worked well. Then one day a while ago he turned it on and a few seconds later turned it off because he suddenly needed to leave the van. next turn on it only flashed the 4 times and would not start. A while prior to this it was started and only went through the start to the point of it igniting, then shut down. This is why I think it is a fuel problem. He is now registered on this site so should continue the discussion, I'll tell him tomorrow. But I Take your point that to bleed the fuel system does take some time, I think 3 starts before mine fired up.
Regards
Brian
 #141818  by NeilV
 Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:59 am
That gives a better clue to what may have gone wrong.

these heaters (any brand) have a shutdown process of around 2 minutes to ensure the fuel is completely burned and prevent the combustion chamber from building up coke (unburned fuel particles) so your cousin might have inadvertently now 'flooded' that fuel chamber as diesel (unllike petrol) doesn't just 'evapourate'... its more like oil, and so he may now have to 'service' it by opening up and cleaning the fuel chamber.

There's an awesome facebook group for fixing and installing and fixing these 'chinese' parking heaters:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146837062640024
Pay with Paymate Express