Keeping Cool On These Hot Nights - nzmotorhome.co.nz
Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #137900  by Nut17
 Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 pm
I picked up a couple of these trendy USB powered fans at Jaycar yesterday and I am very impressed with their energy efficiency particularly when you realise how much air they move. I have mounted one each side of the bed and they seem very quiet. Tonight they will be put to the test. Our Jayco caravan has 12v reading lights above the bed so it was relatively easy to install a couple of USB sockets in the overhead cupboard. These sockets will eventually be fitted adjacent to the lights but the ones I have are fitted with bright led lights which is not ideal.
An added bonus is the led display on the fan blades. There is an analogue clock and via an app on your smart phone and a bluetooth connection you can have a series of custom messages displayed. Not all that practical - But it is a bit of fun ;) :)
IMG_2175.JPG
Cheers
Chris
Attachments
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG
 #137903  by hughstott
 Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:16 pm
We use this set up on hot nights. Good airflow and quiet during the night. Battery lasts a week of running all night. Attached to the wall by velcro.
Cheers
Hugh
Attachments
20180215_180840.jpg
 #137917  by vansvilla
 Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:10 am
However Chris, we have found that the nights over the last 10 days have been pleasantly cool. We were at Weedons when the first big chill arrived, dropping the temp from 33 down to 9 overnight. Since then the day time temps have risen somewhat but the night still drops off. Haven't got past Timaru yet.
Can recommend Seadown Old School POP between Temuka and Timaru.
Plenty of room for the 3 of you, toilets, shower and washing machine.
 #137918  by Nut17
 Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 am
Thanks John. I look forward to some cooler evenings. The Seadown POP sounds perfect for us.

Cheers
Chris
 #137920  by Romany Rambler
 Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:37 am
We stayed also. Can fully recommend. Lovely people own the POP and he will sell you some bum nuts. (You will find out)

Robin
Pay with Paymate Express