Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #145210  by petercw
 Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:31 pm
Yes even out post office wouldn't upgrade my ruc because they claim they haven't been told... Though our local Vtnz knew all about it... Hmm
 #145297  by stingrayk
 Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:49 am
Just re-done ours, for another 5k. 2.5k unused from last lot. Tried local testing station ("you don't need to do this because it is a private vehicle"!!). Then to AA - (know nothing about it, but tried to ring NZTA whose phones were out of action most of day). Then to Post Office (know nothing about it, but we would't do it because we are only an agency and don't give refunds on behalf of anyone else.) Waited till next day - rang NZTA direct, explained to me that ALL agencies had received a memo detailing changes and ways to do it. Back to AA, and told them of my "discovery". Teller looked at the memo (she had already seen and signed it!) more carefully, then tried to put in the relevant details to her machine. Hey presto - it worked. First one she had done, but happy camper at least. Normally do it over internet, so presumably it should also work as well, and still be slightly cheaper "commission".
Pay with Paymate Express